Real Estate News, Reviews and Investment
COMMERCIAL & FINANCE OFFICER, PANASHCO MEDIA, SINGAPORE, 2012 – PRESENT
• Business development and financial management for Property Life magazine, an international real estate and lifestyle publication offering research and insight into global property ‘hotspots’.
• Market content via social media, mass email (1.5 million database), Web site (200k+ unique visitors/month) and mobile apps.
• Organise and promote property investment seminars to unite Asian investors with credible, high-quality developers and agents in Australia, the UK and US.
• Enforce strict cost-control measures, positive P & L and sales’ forecast.
GENERAL MANAGER, FORTUNE RE, SINGAPORE, 2011 – 2013
• Connected SE Asian and Chinese real-estate businesses to generate new business ventures and opportunities.
• Connected SE Asian businesses with real-estate investments in the UK.
SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR, PESTANA, PORTUGAL, 2008 – 2011
PARTNER, IMATICO SA, PORTUGAL, 2003 – 2008
• Managed general practice estate and property management agency.
• Started as sales consultant; promoted based on successful sales numbers. • After making partner, instilled after-sales organisation, expanded online
property portal and opened three new offices.
ROYAL AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE, CIRENCESTER, UK, 1995 – 1999
Rural Land Management BSc (hons)
• Year 1
• Accounts and Finance, Agricultural Systems, Building 1, Business Management and
Marketing, Communications, Economics, Environmental Science, Law 1, Resource
Appraisal, Rural Policy, Valuation 1
• Building 2, Farm Enterprise Management, Forestry, Economics and Financial,
Management, Land Use, Law 2, Planning Law and Practice, Valuation 2
• Year 3!
• Valuation 3, Building 3, Rural Policy and Countryside Management, Estate
Organisation, Estate Resource Management , Financial Planning and Appraisal, International Food Issues, Dissertation- Green NIMBY issues
PANGBOURNE NAUTICAL COLLEGE, READING, UK, 1982 – 1987
Maths, physics, computers
Following Senior Professional route for membership of RICS
to maximize my opportunities.
REFERRALS AND REFERENCES
“James is one of the most dependable, hard-working and well connected property professionals I have had the pleasure of working with. James’ ability to think laterally and offer win-win solutions, combined with his engaging personality, makes working with him an enjoyable experience.” April 24, 2013, George Betz, Head Of Global Business Development at Fine & Country Ltd
“James is a consummate professional and absolute gentleman. He is one of the most knowledgeable and respected property experts in the Algarve, Portugal.” October 19, 2010, Steve Dawkins, Managing Director, Own Property Worldwide
“I have known James both socially and professionally for several years now. I find James a very likable person and always full of fun. He is a dedicated professional, a good negotiator who at all times keeps his pleasant and good nature. He is always very polite to all he comes in contact with. I have no hesitation in recommending James to anyone who are considering to either employee him or to do business with him in any capacity.” September 1, 2010, Roy Whitehouse, Director, BPCC – British Portuguese Chamber of Commerce
“I’ve known James for some 2 years, and in that time he has conducted himself in a most professional manner towards myself and assisting my company in fulfilling its objectives” August 26, 2010, Gary McLelland, Owner, Corinthian Financial Services Limited
“James is a living embodiment of what a great brand ambassador should be. He is passionate about his ‘product’ without being pushy. He is on my A list of people to approach for valuable opinions on anything to do with the future of the industry. He is always keen to learn about developments in the wider world and the future of travel and tourism and uses the insights gained to develop his own thinking about how to drive the business forward. He stands out for the tremendous range of topics he has an interest in and for his willingness to give his time and energy to different industry forums and research initiatives.” August 17, 2010, Rohit Talwar, CEO, Fast Future Research
“James is by far the best Sales Director I ever worked with. He can motivate the team and at the same time keep focused on the ultimate goals which are to sell and at the same time make sure the Clients are happy with what they bought. July 21, 2010, Rodrigo Ulrich, Marketing Manager, Pestana Golf & Resorts